The purpose of this COVID-19 Safety Plan is to provide an overarching plan for the implementation and management of procedures by NATIONAL SPORTING BODY to support JUDO-1 WOLLONGONG and its members and participants in the staged resumption of community sport and club activities.
The arrangements set out in this Plan are intended to prevent the transmission of COVID-19 among members, participants, coaches, officials, administrators/volunteers, visitors, families and the broader community. The Plan provides the framework to govern the general operation of the JUDO-1 WOLLONGONG, any facilities it controls, the playing/training behaviour of all members and participants and the monitoring and reporting of the health of attendees at JUDO-1 WOLLONGONG facilities.
This Plan includes, but is not limited to, the conduct of:
- staged training and competition activities (sport operations); and
- facility management and supporting operations (facility operations).
At all times the Plan is subject to all regulations, guidelines and directions of government and public health authorities.
This Plan is based on, and accepts, the AIS Framework for Rebooting Sport in a COVID-19 Environment (AIS Framework) and the National Principles for the Resumption of Sport and Recreation Activities (National Principles).
The Plan also accepts as key principles that:
- The health and safety of members, participants, coaches, officials, administrators/volunteers, visitors, families, and the broader community is the number one priority;
- Members, participants, coaches, officials, administrators/volunteers, families, and the broader community need to be engaged and briefed on JUDO-1 WOLLONGONG’s return to sport plans;
- Facilities are assessed and appropriate plans are developed to accommodate upgraded hygiene protocols, physical distancing and other measures to mitigate the risk of transmission of COVID-19;
- Training cannot resume until the arrangements for sports operations and facility operations are finalised and approved, if necessary; and
- At every stage of the return to the sport process, JUDO-1 WOLLONGONG must consider and apply all applicable State and Territory Government and local restrictions and regulations. JUDO-1 WOLLONGONG needs to be prepared for any localised outbreak at our facilities, within our competitions or in the local community.